[Snort-users] RULES -> Unknown ClassType:

MVIBE mvibe at ...11173...
Tue Feb 10 16:51:01 EST 2004

Please tell me that I do not have to edit every single rules file taking out
all of the ClassType: ********* parts of all the rules.
I was hoping it was just one or two classtypes that were unrecognized, but
having edited  almost 8 consecutive RULES files,
I am starting to see that maybe CLASSTYPE: is no longer recognized in this
version SNORT when reading the rules files?

"Mark Twain was once quoted as saying that he never allowed
schooling to interfere with his education. That is, he believed he learned
more from his experiences than he ever learned in the classroom.