[Snort-users] SNORT (Linux) / MySQL (Win32)

MVIBE mvibe at ...11173...
Tue Feb 10 12:40:03 EST 2004

Bottom line. I am learning Linux Security. I need to learn how to run things
from Linux as much as possible. The Firewall box is also acting as my
Dhcp/Gateway so its kind of pointless to run an IDS from a box that is not
in between the rest of my net work. My Network is not a High Risk network.
If someone hacked me they would benefit nothing. Needless to say its hard to
hack someone when Icmp Pings are dropped via Iptables.So anyway, I
appreciate the concern and the answer I have received...so far all is
working great with the Snort RPM's. Thanks!