[Snort-users] false positive generator

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Tue Feb 10 11:58:11 EST 2004

At 01:39 PM 2/10/2004, Peggy Kam wrote:
>I am currently using  snort-2.1.1-RC1 and am trying to use sneeze to
>generate some false positves.  However, it does not seem to work at all
>(as mentioned previously).  Does anyone know if there's another false
>positive generator out ther?

Well, if anyone knows something that's a false positive, let the snort
developers know so they can fix it ASAP.

Are you really trying to generate _false_ positives, or just generate
alerts? Not all alerts require an actual overflow to occur..

A nessus safe-mode scan should fire off at least a few alerts, although
I'll admit I haven't tried it recently.