[Snort-users] Network Bypass

Josh Berry josh.berry at ...10221...
Thu Feb 5 13:58:10 EST 2004

Does anyone know of a vendor that produces network bypass cards (not sure
if this is the right way to say it).  What I mean is the kind of card that
Netscreen uses to have some sort of network redundancy.  The card has two
ports, in and out to the Netscreen IDP and in and out to the regular
network (bypassing the Netscreen IDP), the card automagically redirects
network traffic through the in/out portion that bypassess the IDP in the
event of a failure of one of the NICS or the power to the Netscreen IDP.

I am trying to use Snort-Inline at my company and this is a requirement,
otherwise I have to buy from one of these vendors.