[Snort-users] Email Notification Methods?

Dirk Geschke Dirk at ...10648...
Wed Feb 4 13:32:23 EST 2004

Hi Michael,

>  I running four snort boxes reporting to a central mysql server. I'd like to have email notification for certain snort alerts if that is possible.
>
>  I'm soliciting recomendations for software that can help me accomplish this.
>
> Im currently looking at Swatch which seems to be trigger by syslog events, any recomendations are welcome.

maybe you should take a look at FLoP:

http://www.geschke-online.de/FLoP/

The major aim of thie project is gathering the alerts on a central
server and feed them into the database.

One feature is to send alerts based on a priority via E-Mail to
a list of recipients right after the alert was inserted in the
database. The advantage is that you get all necessery informations
to find the alert in the database.

Best regards

Dirk