[Snort-users] Snort Mysql Acid Combo

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Wed Feb 4 08:20:11 EST 2004

Is Snort even running?

Are you getting any alerts in your logs?

Is Snort generating any errors in the error log?

Items 2 and 10 are out of date.

Kindest regards,

The WINSNORT.com Management Team
mailto:support at ...9077...
Website: http://www.winsnort.com

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Sam Osuala
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 1:27 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Mysql Acid Combo

I have installed a box with the following;

1] Redhat Linux 9.2

2] Snort 2.0.6

3] Mysql 4.0.17

4] Acid 0.9.6

5] php 4.3.4

6] zlib-1.1.4

7] libpcap-0.7.2

8] Apache 2.0.48 (not the one that came with the Linux )

9] jgraph 1.14

10] adodb 405

These are all installed in the Linux box above. The issue is that the mysql
is not getting any logs in the database. If I start my snort with "snort
-dvC" I get the alerts on the screen. What could be the problem. Do I have
to keep the components in different machines?

Thanks

Sam