[Snort-users] Correct version of libpcap?

Christian Ehlen Christian.Ehlen at ...348...
Tue Feb 3 10:28:04 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 21:56, Sheahan, Paul wrote:
> I'm currently running Snort 2.0.5 build 98 on RHLinux 8.0, and in a previous
> post when I asked about Snort dropping packets, someone mentioned that I should
> be sure I'm using "Phil Wood's version of libpcap". Can someone point me to the
> appropriate version of libpcap that I should be runnning? I've already applied
> as many tweaks as I could think of, and want to rule this out next.

I think you are searching for the turbopacket patch ...

http://public.lanl.gov/cpw/

I think a *BSD system can also increase performance.

--
GnuPG signed + encrypted messages welcome
Key fingerprint = BFBE 3FD4 0C8B AA45 F6B6  6962 2FE7 A299 4675 1715