[Snort-users] DNS server keeps communicating with Darkprofits.net and darkprofits.com

Marlon.Richards at ...11130... Marlon.Richards at ...11130...
Mon Feb 2 16:24:46 EST 2004

Hi guys. I know this is the SNORT mailing list but i am just wondering
if i could get some help here. I found that my DNS server is being asked to
make numerous resolutions of darkprofits.com and darkrpofits.net. None of
my internal clients are making these requests. My Sniffer shows me that the
requests are being made from outside my network and that my DNS server is
making a request for this domain to external hosts. Does anyone know where
this may be coming from and how to stop it?

Marlon Richards
Communications Engineer
West Indies Alumina Company
Kirkvine Works