[Snort-users] SNORT and Linux 8.0

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Mon Feb 2 10:45:30 EST 2004

I'll agree that this kind of mistake is understandable from users (ie:
Windows 97), and even a few inexperienced sysadmins, or experienced
sysadmins just moving into the use of linux.

However, someone representing themselves as a senior consultant for a
management company that offers "leading-edge technology integration" really
shouldn't be making such extraordinarily obvious mistakes.

I admit I make mistakes, and we all do, but when I do something foolish I'm
also willing to accept the fact that I just smashed an egg on my own face
in public. (you can look in the list archives for the number of times I
said "oops, my bad, I guess that's what I get for posting before I've had
my coffee".)

I think that calling their client base and accusing the consultancy of
stealing is a bit excessive.. but let's face it, this is a public forum,
with public archives.. It's not like you'd be pointing out something they
could not find out on their own.

Also, who knows, perhaps Mr. Karl is from their business-management or
finance side of the house and posted here because none of the tech guys he
works with are in. His post doesn't specify what kind of Sr. Consultant he
is (although by using it on this list one could argue he's implying technical).

(I've done some trimming of fluff from the thread below)