[Snort-users] Snort performance

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Feb 2 09:41:04 EST 2004

I see you have added pass rules, but have you disabled the rules you really
don't need? Trimming rules is a big thing like the 'web-coldfusion.rules' if
you don't have Coldfusion running why alert on it.

You could be overloading Snort. How much traffic are you monitoring?

What's really eating up the processor? Is it Snort or MySQL? You could move
MySQL to a different box.

Try adding more RAM, cheap and the most bang for your buck.

Kindest regards,

The WINSNORT.com Management Team
mailto:support at ...9077...
Website: http://www.winsnort.com