[Snort-users] SnortCenter probelms

Toby Rodwell trodwell at ...10764...
Sun Feb 1 10:43:02 EST 2004

I installed SnortCenter and ACID, on a RedHat machine running Snort 2.0.6,
in accordance with the guide at Snort.org
Everything seems to work OK except
1)  Snort does NOT start automatically on machine start up, even though I
selected YES for 'Start at boot' during the config  (and in
'/etc/snort/miniserv.conf' atboot=1)
2)  The ONLY way I can update rules via SnortCenter is to copy and paste the
rules 3 or so at a time - any other methd (i.e. 'Update from Internet',
'Upload from file' or Copy and Paste a large number of rules) just doesn't
work.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Toby