[Snort-users] Added some Functionality to Snort-2.2.0

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...12346...
Tue Aug 31 13:38:59 EDT 2004

El mar, 31 de 08 de 2004 a las 06:05, Bill Parker escribió:
> Hi All,
>
>     I added some additional functionality to snort when it exits from
> daemon mode in the form of this:
>
> Aug 30 20:56:15 nermal snort: Snort received 2653 packets
> Aug 30 20:56:15 nermal snort:     Analyzed: 2653(100.000%)
> Aug 30 20:56:15 nermal snort:     Dropped: 0(0.000%)
> Aug 30 20:56:15 nermal snort:
> Aug 30 20:56:15 nermal snort: Snort Total Run Time (in seconds) was:
> 15   <--- new stuff
> Aug 30 20:56:15 nermal snort: Snort Analyzed 176 Packets Per Second
> <--- new stuff
> Aug 30 20:56:15 nermal snort:
>
> If anyone would like to see how I did this, i'd be happy to post my
> modifications (don't laugh too hard, it's my first attempt at coding
> "C" in a LONG time, so i'm really rusty) :)
>
> Bill

I don't know how the development of snort works (CVS or whatever), but
you could send the changes to the developers so everybody can have
the code in the next version.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC