[Snort-users] mysql on another box?

Larry Wichman larrywichman at ...131...
Tue Aug 31 11:40:41 EDT 2004

I am trying to get snort to log to another box that has MySQL on it and the box that has Snort does not have MYSQL. It does not seem to be logging to it. I get the following error when  I start Snort w/ snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf:

Initializing rule chains...

database: compiled support for ( )

database: configured to use mysql

database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

Do I still have to have MYSQL running on the sensor even though tit is logging somewhere else?

Here is what I put in snort.conf to tell it to log to the other box:

output database:log,mysql,user=snort password=Ournetwork* dbname=root host=10.25

5.55.11

Cheers,
Lawrence A. Wichman2719 W ThomasApt 2
Chicago