[Snort-users] snort windows setup error

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Mon Aug 30 08:54:02 EDT 2004

At 10:28 AM 8/30/2004, dark spider wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>When i try to install snort on windows, I've got this error
>
>"The procedure entry point PacketGetNetInfo could not be located in the
>dynamic link library packet.dll"
>
>I already install WinPcap before installing snort.
>
>what sould i do.

Uninstall winpcap, and download the non-beta version of winpcap.

The win32 snort binaries are not compiled for WinPcap 3.1 beta, they are
compiled for WinPcap 3.0 (non-beta).

The beta release is listed first, but if you scroll down you'll see 3.0.

http://winpcap.polito.it/install/default.htm

Since you're downgrading versions, be sure to uninstall the beta release
first, otherwise the 3.0 installer will run, but won't over-write your pcap
libraries since the existing ones are newer.