[Snort-users] snort windows setup error

Miikka Hattberg miikka at ...12348...
Mon Aug 30 03:03:02 EDT 2004

Hi.

This issue was discussed earlier on this mailinglist.
The issue is caused by XP SP2 and it's hardened security features.
You should use the 3.0 version of winpcap.
You can read the ohter thread from the archives of snort-users mailinglist
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=109383417420174&w=2

M.