[Snort-users] Snort and MySQL

FAzle Rokib rokib at ...12351...
Sun Aug 29 18:17:37 EDT 2004

Try this:

mysql> Grant All On snort.* to  snort at ...274...<mailto:snort at ...274...>;

or (if you have a password for snort user)

mysql> Grant All On snort.* to snort at ...274...<mailto:snort at ...274...> Identified By 'password';

[****If you have a password for snort user, you must use Identified By clause]

Message: 1
From: "Michael Steele" <michaels at ...9077...<mailto:michaels at ...9077...>>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at ...5870....net>>
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort and MySQL
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:52:02 -0700

Looks like you have no access to the Snort database. Go back and make SURE
you can access the database with the credentials that you have in the
snort.conf file on the MySQL output database line.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
mailto:support at ...9077...<mailto:support at ...9077...>
Website: http://www.winsnort.com<http://www.winsnort.com/>
Snort: Open Source Network IDS - http://www.snort.org<http://www.snort.org/>

Message: 2