[Snort-users] Slow down TCP connections

Jim Hendrick jrhendri at ...9784...
Sun Aug 29 13:23:07 EDT 2004

If you are looking to slow down scans, try a tarpit (e.g. labrea)
flexrsp is really designed to reset TCP connections to halt an attack.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of pfeito
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 12:57 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Slow down TCP connections

Hi Guys,

I'm searching for pro-active plug-ins for Snort.

Right know, I've just compiled and installed snort 2.2.0 with flexresp2
support. I'm about to test flexresp2 capabilities, but It seems to have no
support for slowing down TCP connections (i.e. for slowing down TCP Scans
for instance...)

Do you know any plug-in that allows Snort to slow down TCP connections speed
(i.e. resize TCP window size) ?

Thanks,
-pfeito