[Snort-users] Need to merge sid-msg.map and bleeding-sid-msg.map ?

Brandon Applegate brandon at ...12342...
Fri Aug 27 08:27:10 EDT 2004

I'm having trouble understanding how the .map file(s) get loaded into
snort.  Specirfically (as noted in my subject line), when using another
rule set in addition (i.e. bleeding) do I have to merge their .map file in
?  How else will snort know about these lines ?  I can't find any
reference to sid-msg.map in the various snort config files so I assume
it's hardcoded into snort to load this ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: