[Snort-users] Updated to Snort 2.2.0 and now nothing is being written to Acid

b7time b7time b7time at ...125...
Fri Aug 27 05:42:34 EDT 2004

Nope...same results. What is interesting is that after I made the change in 
snort.conf and stopped and restarted snort I did get one ICMP alert and that 
was it...and I know this can't be the only traffic out there because if I do 
a tcpdump on that interface I see a lot of traffic. I'm thinking perhaps I 
need to re-install/re-configure the mysql database...any thoughts?


>From: Paul Dokas <dokas at ...9625...>
>Reply-To: dokas at ...9625...
>To: "b7time b7time" <b7time at ...125...>
>CC: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Updated to Snort 2.2.0 and now nothing is being 
>written to Acid
>Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:01:08 -0500
>On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:20:58 +0000 "b7time b7time" <b7time at ...125...> 
> > output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=password dbname=snort 
>Try this:
>   output database: alert, mysql, user=snort password=password dbname=snort 
>I was bit by the same problem.
>Paul Dokas                                            dokas at ...9625...
>Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."

Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! 

More information about the Snort-users mailing list