[Snort-users] snort+FLoP on FreeBSD-5.2.1

Thomas Zauner Thomas_Zauner at ...12242...
Fri Aug 27 01:38:56 EDT 2004

hi,

i post this note, because it took me 2 day to set up
snort+FLoP+acid ong a FreeBSD_5.2.1-p9 .

the main problem was to get FLoP to compile.
seriously the "./configure" and autotools probably don't work on FreeBSD
the way it is done in this package. which i think was developed and
tested on linux.

i had to trick the "build machinery" wich links,deletions in the
./configure script and manuall compilation in some /src/ subdir's

A REAL PAIN IN THE FOOT

i think FLoP is a very intresting tool that's why i went through all
this , but i hope we can fix that for future releeases.

now i'll try if it runs stable. i already have dectected some problems
when flooding the FLoP port 1234 with arbitrary SYN, or X-MAS'es.
the  server-side "servsock" crashed  (or was it sockserv?? , shoud be
renamed in sflop and cflop for simplicity  ,  i think).

i have searched this mailing list for FLoP topics and didn't find any
so if someone , has had related problems how did you fixed them. or open
a new thread?

FLoP:  http://www.geschke-online.de/FLoP/