[Snort-users] Email list being slow

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Thu Aug 26 13:33:23 EDT 2004

At 12:19 PM 8/26/2004, Jeff Dell wrote:
>Has anyone else noticed the email list being really slow?

Nothing new. ALL Sourceforge lists are quite often slow..

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5343557

>It is taking almost 30 minutes for me to get an email that I send to the
>list.

30 minutes would be "fast" in my experience. I usually see delays of hours..

Heck, my last post to the list on August 20th was sent by my mailserver at:
         Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:24:32 -0400
and came back as a list-post:
         Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:11:43 -0400

That's nearly 3 hours. (as recorded by Received: headers generated by the
same server at my site). Looking back through several emails 2+ hours is
typical.

Before anyone suggests it, by noticing X-Greylist headers in my mail, the
sourceforge server is in my whitelist of IPs exempt from greylisting:

milter-greylist-1.5.3 (xanadu.evi-inc.com [192.168.50.6]); Fri, 20 Aug 2004
13:11:44 -0400 (EDT)