[Snort-users] snort-inline and interface bridging

christopher harris charris36 at ...125...
Wed Aug 25 12:39:01 EDT 2004

All,

I'm running RedHat 8.0 and compiled all the necessary packages per Applied
Watch installing guide.When I run the command: /etc/init.d/rc.firewall I get
the following error:

Starting up Bridging mode.
/etc/init.d/rc.firewall: line 365: brctl: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc.firewall: line 366: brctl: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc.firewall: line 367: brctl: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc.firewall: line 371: brctl: command not found
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
br0: unknown interface: No such device
br0: unknown interface: No such device
br0: unknown interface: No such device
ip_queue                7420   0
Enabling Snort-Inline capabilities, make sure Snort-Inline is
running in -Q mode, or all outbound traffic will be blocked
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `1/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `1/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `1/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.2.6a: bad rate `1/'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

The two interfaces are fiber gigabit nics however I don't think that would
make a difference.

Thanks,

Christopher