[Snort-users] Pinging all IP's

Fri Aug 20 07:21:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

Packets sent from localhost addressing to any of its own IPs will fall
back to the loopback interface. It has nothing to do with if you have
your NICs connected to the carrier or not. Try running tcpdump on lo and
ping your NICs and you'll see. The packets will not leave the host.

For more information on loopback se Stevens, The TCP/IP Protocoll Suite.

Regards,
Edin

--
Edin Dizdarevic