[Snort-users] IP range in rules

Federico Petronio petrus at ...12297...
Wed Aug 18 13:41:01 EDT 2004

Hi, I read the documentation, but I can't figure out if there is (or
not) a way to define IP ranges for rules (directly in the rule or by
mean of a variable).

For example, suppose I would like group these IPs:

10.1.0.1  through 10.1.0.99
10.1.0.140  through 10.1.0.150

As far as I saw only single IPs or IP/mask pairs could be specify, but
none of those methods is good enough for what I want. Is there any way
to write IP ranges?

I run snort 2.1.3 on Debian Woody.

Thanks you!
--