[Snort-users] Static Snort Compilation Problem on Solaris

Paul Carl pcarl at ...1172...
Sat Aug 14 04:59:09 EDT 2004

I've seen multiple posts in regards to this issue and
this is what I've tried so far.

/snort-2.2.0# LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure
--with-libpcap-libraries=../libpcap-0.8.1
--with-libpcap-includes=../libpcap-0.8.1

When I run this command I get the following error:
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... no

   ERROR!  Libpcap library/headers not found, go get it
from
   http://www.tcpdump.org
   or use the --with-libpcap-* options, if you have it
installed
   in unusual place

When I don't set the LDFLAGS lpcap libraries are found
and snort compiles. What am I doing wrong?

pc