[Snort-users] SMB alerts

Joshua Berry jberry at ...11848...
Fri Aug 13 14:10:12 EDT 2004

I believe that the smb output plugin was removed from Snort 2.1.3.  It
is not even an option in my configure script.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Scott
Elgram
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 3:55 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] SMB alerts

Hello,
    I am having a bit of trouble getting SMB alerts to work.  I have
compiled snort-2.1.3 "--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --enable-smbalerts".
And I added this to the ruleset containing the rules I want to be
alerted for.

ruletype smb_db_alert {
    type alert
    output alert_msb: workstation.list
    output database: log, mysql, user=<dbuser> password=<password>
dbname=snort host=localhost encoding=hex detail=Full
}

However, After all that when I start snort i get;

ERROR: unknown output plugin: 'alert_smb'Fatal Error, Quitting

Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Thanks
-Scott