[Snort-users] snort 2.2.0 and linux-smp-stats

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...1935...
Fri Aug 13 12:45:14 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, sekure wrote:
> Linux inet-ids01 2.4.21-15.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jun 16 22:52:07 EDT
> 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0

Based on the post from Sean Brown, and some brief poking around, I'm
going to take a wild guess here on what's going on.

I only see five fields in any 2.4.x box we have around, and perfstats
works fine. However, in 2.6.x, the number of fields has changed. To my
knowledge, RH Enterprise Linux has been/does backport some features
from 2.6 into their kernel.

Can you try perfstats on a box without RHEL kernels? Anyone else have
similar experiences?