[Snort-users] Snort + MSSQL

Bell, Josh josh.bell at ...10824...
Mon Aug 9 16:49:08 EDT 2004

Apologies in advance if this is a really stupid question.

I have Snort (2.1.3) running on a Linux system (SuSE 9.1) logging to a
text file and all's well.  I have another almost identical Snort box
logging to MySQL and that's running fine.  What I'd really like to do,
though, is have a Linux Snort box logging to a Microsoft SQL server.

Just about every doc I've been able to find via Google has assumed I'm
using WinSnort and therefore the MSSQL server is on the same box as
Snort.  Some others mention that I need unixODBC or another ODBC
software in the middle to talk to the SQL server, but they basically
just say "configure ODBC" without going into any detail on how to do so.

Can anyone here point me at a doc that will walk me through the whole
thing step-by-step like I'm 4?

TIA..

Josh Bell
Guidance Software, Inc.

Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.