[Snort-users] Can't Connect to newly installed Sentix via HTTP HTTPS or SSH

nanocurie nanocurie at ...5068...
Mon Aug 9 12:04:05 EDT 2004

hello all,
	Got the Snort 2.1 book and lovin' it. Went out there and downloaded and
installed Sentinix 0.75. Apparently it has everything. Can't connect to
it from any other machine on my local net. Can't ping it, can't scan it,
it's like it's not there. Good Idea. Well maybe not. Tried to use a
webclient to get going with the SnortCenter, Nagios-Nagat, and whatnot,
but my connections are getting refused. I've edited the hosts.allow like
any other OS, but that hasn't done it. I nmap'd it from the localhost,
and it says that all the necessary ports are open. I added another rule
in its /etc/init.d/rc.firewall script (which looks like a complete
lockdown rule-set, nice idea, and I've taken notes) to open it up for
ssh, like I've done with other OS's using iptables. But to no avail. The
sentinix.org website says, install our distro, and just connect with a
webclient using the machines ip-address! Well not quite.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
nc