[Snort-users] Having http_inspect problems, can't turn options off

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...1935...
Fri Aug 6 10:33:04 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, Chris Schock wrote:
> I am using Snort 2.2 RC1

> My problem is that I am still getting lots and lots of "BARE BYTE UNICODE
> ENCODING" alerts for both servers, despite trying to suppress that
> specific alert for one, and turning alerting completely off for the other.
> I tried turning it off globally as well, but whenever I try that snort
> complains that there is a configuration problem.

Could you check out the SNORT_2_2 branch and try that out? An issue
with suppression was addressed, as well as some minor tweaks to
http_inspect.

Lemme know if that does any better for you.