[Snort-users] Snort Statistics on Shutdown

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Thu Aug 5 08:06:24 EDT 2004

Hi Bill,

I just checked the code and the DropStats() function is calling
LogMessage() to output its info so they should be somewhere in your
syslog files.  You aren't reading a pcap file in daemon mode, are you?

      -Marty

On Aug 4, 2004, at 11:59 PM, Bill Parker wrote:

> Ok, now that I have the pig at version 2.1.3, I was curious about
> another thing.  I run snort in daemon mode and
> start/stop it with the init script provided (no problems at all), but
> I was under the impression that snort when it
> shuts down, should generate some stats as to how many packets were
> processed, etc.  I see the snort startup
> in /var/log/messages, should I not see stuff in there when it shuts
> down?
>
> Bill

Sourcefire: Intelligent Security Monitoring