[Snort-users] matching algorithms

Ayman I. Madbouly amadbouly at ...131...
Wed Aug 4 13:31:13 EDT 2004

Dear, all
can you help me answering the following questions:
1. which string matching algorithm currently used in current snort versions?
2. where I can find the code of these algorithms?
3. if I developed a new algorithm , can I replace the current one with my algorithm to check and compare both? what files I must change?

Eng. Ayman I. Madbouly
MCSE, Lecturer at Jeddah Community College
King Abdul Aziz University
P.O. BOX 80283 Jeddah 21589
Tel: +966-2-287-0026   ext. 310   Fax: +966-2-287-0024