[Snort-users] Error in stock 2.2rc1 snort.conf file

Bill Warren bwarren at ...12173...
Tue Aug 3 14:52:01 EDT 2004

I was running 2.0.0 that I had upgraded to 2.2 rc1 and Debian Woody and
could not get 2.2 rc1 to work.  So, I removed the /etc/snort dir and
reinstalled 2.2 rc1.

I ran
    ./configure
    make
    make install

Then copied the etc dir to /etc/snort/etc and the rules dir to
/etc/snort/rules.

I am testing using it with
/usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/etc/snort.conf -T
and I get
/etc/snort/etc/snort.conf(506) Unable to create an IPSet from [HOME_NET]

At line 506 is
include classification.config

The files classification.config is in the /etc/snort and the
/etc/snort/etc dir's.  So, what am I missing?

--

Bill Warren