[Snort-users] Snort on Suse Linux - snortd paths

Neil Wellard neildubya at ...11739...
Thu Apr 29 01:39:03 EDT 2004

Anyone out there installed Snort on Suse Linux 8.x?

The snortd file contains the following path to the function library:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

which doesn't seem to exist on Suse Linux (well, on my installation anyway).

What should I change this path to, if anything? Do I need it at all or
can I comment it out?

Same goes for the path to the local configuration file, which is
immediately below the function library line. That points to:

/etc/sysconfig/snort

which, again, doesn't exist on my system. What should I be pointing this to?

Many thanks in advance

Neil