[Snort-users] Compilation problem

siddharth thakkar sjthakkar at ...131...
Thu Apr 29 01:34:04 EDT 2004

Hi Ramesh,

I think your actual error must be shown on the screen
a few lines before this "error mess" you posted :).
Trying to look for it might give a better idea.

~Siddharth

--- Ramesh Pillai <pillairamesh at ...125...> wrote:
> Trying to install snort on Red Hat 9.0 to use it
> with APACHE, PHP,MYSQL
> and Acid..
> m following the document by Patrick Harper.
>
> all the installation went smooth, except for snort
>
> Even tried different version 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 of
> snort
>
> recvd following errror........,
>
> ran the configure  with following option
> ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
>
> "make" throws the following error mess.
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [snort] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ramu/snort/tar/snort-2.1.1/src'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ramu/snort/tar/snort-2.1.1/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ramu/snort/tar/snort-2.1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> pls pls some one help me out
>
> regds
> RamP

> Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months
> FREE*.

> Get certified on the hottest thing ever to hit the
> market... Oracle 10g.
> Take an Oracle 10g class now, and we'll give you the
> exam FREE.

=====
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring