[Snort-users] Snort for WIndows newbie question...

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Wed Apr 28 09:55:18 EDT 2004

Chris Reid has been notified that Snort will need to be modified in order to
use WinPcap 3.1 and newer.

A good rule of thumb: Never use BETA versions, at least until the initial
IDS is functioning correctly using only release versions of Snort and its
support programs.

Also, never install WinPcap over itself. ALWAYS uninstall, reboot, check for
and remove any packet.dll found, and then install the new WinPcap.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
mailto:support at ...9077...