[Snort-users] Setup help requested

Jim Hendrick jrhendri at ...9784...
Wed Apr 28 09:28:19 EDT 2004

First of all, make sure you are running the correct snort in your test.

i.e. if the one you compiled is in /usr/local/bin/snort you should specify
/usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf in your test. You may have
various  versions and your PATH environment variable may be giving you the
wrong one.