[Snort-users] Setup help requested

Bodo Gabor gabor at ...11734...
Wed Apr 28 07:22:04 EDT 2004

On Rh9 I tried to install Snort.
I've followed the instructions of the famous guide written be Pattrick,
the following problem occured.
 I already had a running MySql server, so I didn't make any changes on
it. I run
./configure --with-mysql
no problem found, make, make install, no problem
but when I try to run snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf
it says that the snort doesn't supports mysql, I should try recompiling
with ./configure --with-mysql this configuration.
 During the configuration the mysql.h is found.

 If I start /etc/init.d/snort start , no problem, just it doesn't logs
anything.

 Any idea ???? Thanks