[Snort-users] MS SQL 2000 database setup for snort with snortdb-extra (osql syntax issues?)

McCash, John John.McCash at ...10979...
Tue Apr 27 11:22:00 EDT 2004

Tod,
	Yup, that took care of that one all right. Now if someone can just help me with making SQL Server 2000 accept logging requests from the ODBC plugin...
		Thanks lots
			John

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of
todb at ...11422...
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 12:48 PM
To: McCash, John
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] MS SQL 2000 database setup for snort with

John McCash wrote:

> The issues seem to be with the escaped apostrophe, the colon, and the use
> of the word 'Manager'. Does anyone know the proper way to structure these
> lines for mssql?

In Microsoft SQL 2000, use two apostrophes to represent a literal
apostrophe, like: 'Plus Five''s MUMPS'. (Unlike MySQL, backslashes won't
work.)

There shouldn't be any problem with any other character or phrase,
provided it's all contained in apostrohpe delimiters. Fix that and your
other problems should disappear.

--
Tod

Snort-users list archive: