[Snort-users] Snort start up on Multiple interface

Brian Webster bwebster at ...11660...
Tue Apr 27 10:10:57 EDT 2004

Hi. I'm looking for a little "how-to" info to get Snort running on on a 4 port NIC.
It seems as though any attempt to add reference to additional interfaces in the etc/init.d/argus file are unsuccessful. (I am using the argus installation on Redhat9.0)
I have tried comma separted values eth0,eth1,eth2,eth3. no luck.
I don't really want to get multiple intances of snort running unless that is the only way. I'm just trying to get data logged from behind several switches to one machine. Has anyone got any advise ?

Brian