[Snort-users] Snort Logging to SQL Server 2000?

McCash, John John.McCash at ...10979...
Tue Apr 27 07:46:18 EDT 2004

Guys,
	The deeper I get into this the more confusing it becomes. I'd read that logging to mssql was supported, but it's not clear how to configure it in snort. I now have my SQL Server 2000 database set up and ready to go (minus a couple of services entries in snortdb-extra), but I can't get snort to log to the database. It's complaining that "'mssql' support is not compiled into this build of snort". Now I'm digging through the database howto at http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortdb/snortdb_install.html, and it says "Note: native MS-SQL Server support is NOT possible on Unix without the use of ODBC. For native SQL Server support use snort on Windows". Huh? OK. I'm obviously hopelessly lost and need handholding at this point. Is this possible at all? All I know about ODBC is that it's some sort of database API, right? Help?
		Thanks lots
			John

this email is prohibited.