[Snort-users] Fatal Error, Quitting..

Bob Walder bwalder at ...1926...
Tue Apr 27 03:00:09 EDT 2004

That's what I am going to have inscribed on my headstone when I'm
gone.... ;o)

Regards,

Bob .

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
dlimanov at ...11654...
Sent: 26 April 2004 22:22
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Fatal Error, Quitting..

For some reason my snort install is blowing up loading rules file with
the following error:
"ERROR: Unable to open rules file: local.rules or /etc/snort/local.rules

Fatal Error, Quitting.."
The problem here that it's trying to load the rules from /etc/snort/ and
it's not there, since rules are located in /etc/snort/rules/ directory.
I have checked my snort.conf file and for the life of me cannot see
where it's getting /etc/snort/ from!
Is there any other place where snort will get it's configuration, even
when I run like this: snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf ? Is there some
other config location that I'm missing?
Thanks,

Dimitri