[Snort-users] Fatal Error, Quitting..

dlimanov at ...11654... dlimanov at ...11654...
Mon Apr 26 13:23:00 EDT 2004

For some reason my snort install is blowing up loading rules file with the
following error:
"ERROR: Unable to open rules file: local.rules or /etc/snort/local.rules
Fatal Error, Quitting.."
The problem here that it's trying to load the rules from /etc/snort/ and
it's not there, since rules are located in /etc/snort/rules/ directory. I
have checked my snort.conf file and for the life of me cannot see where
it's getting /etc/snort/ from!
Is there any other place where snort will get it's configuration, even
when I run like this: snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf ? Is there some other
config location that I'm missing?
Thanks,

Dimitri