[Snort-users] Getting more paranoid by the minute. :-/

Shaun T. Erickson ste at ...11690...
Sat Apr 24 20:18:00 EDT 2004

Paul Schmehl wrote:

> Congratulations!  You've crossed the first hurdle in becoming a good
> security person - you're paranoid.

I'll be an expert soon, then. :)

> Now all you have to do is keep reading and learning - for the rest of
> your life.

That thought occured to me earlier. I can easily see the amount of
knowledge I have to gain mushrooming out of control. :)

Somewhat unrelated question: Once I set this up, how much time should I
expect to have to spend on it daily? They want me to do other stuff,
like install tripwire and host-based firewalls on all the servers, run
nessus against everythig and deal with the results, set up a new mail
server, and a myriad of other normal SysAdmin tasks. I certainly hope
that Snort doesn't require a lot of care and feeding every day ... but I
don't know enough yet to be able to judge that.

	-ste