[Snort-users] Getting more paranoid by the minute. :-/

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Sat Apr 24 18:59:01 EDT 2004

--On Saturday, April 24, 2004 9:35 PM -0400 "Shaun T. Erickson"
<ste at ...11690...> wrote:

> I'm trying to absorb as much as I can, as fast as I can, but they need
> this installed NOW, and I'm just concerned that my ignorance, as I come
> up to speed, not cost them everything.

Congratulations!  You've crossed the first hurdle in becoming a good
security person - you're paranoid.

Now all you have to do is keep reading and learning - for the rest of your
life.

But try to get some perspective.  The clients *don't* have snort now,
right?  So all the attacks that you will see in snort are *already* hitting
them.  All you're going to do is open their eyes and reduce their risk
exposure.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas