[Snort-users] Loopback traffic

Rodrigo B. Ramos rodrigo.ramos at ...11361...
Fri Apr 23 14:13:00 EDT 2004

Hi log watchers!!!

The big question now is "What is generating these packets?".

Following what we are seeing in the messages, I asked to my snorts to
get layer 2 informations (-e) and at the end I checked the ARP table, so
I discovered that the  "BAD-TRAFFIC loopback traffic" is coming from
some routers interfaces and by the ttl values I could see that it comes
from some one near.

So, does anybody knows what is generating these packets?

Best regards,
--
Rodrigo Buarque Ramos
GPG KEY ID: 0x71CFE098 --> http://pgp.mit.edu