[Snort-users] a lot of Loopback traffic being logged.

Mark.Schutzmann at ...10438... Mark.Schutzmann at ...10438...
Fri Apr 23 08:37:03 EDT 2004

One more point... if you have a Cisco router, you can create some ACL's and
use CEF to detect the packet stream and find the MAC address. That's how I
ended up finding it beyond my local router without having to send a
protocol analyzer to the remote site. Good Luck!

Mark

                      "Fred Portnoy"
                      <fportnoy at ...11698...        To:       "'Chuck Holley'" <cholley at ...11679...>, <Mark.Schutzmann at ...10439...>
                      ymouth.edu>              cc:       <snort-users at ...7287....sourceforge.net>,
                                                <snort-users-admin at ...4422...urceforge.net>
                      04/23/2004 10:07         Subject:  RE: [Snort-users] a lot of Loopback traffic being logged.
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      fportnoy

You need to sniff on one interface at a time at your network distribution
point, and as you find the offending packets, go upstream to the next
aggregation point and so forth, until you get by the last router and you
are
on the offender's home LAN; only then will you have captured their actual
mac address. Good Luck!

-fp