[Snort-users] problems updating rules with oinkmaster

Andreas Östling andreaso at ...236...
Thu Apr 22 10:50:07 EDT 2004

Those timestamps only tell you when the tarball was created (which is
done automatically from cvs every x minutes or so). You should look
at the cvs Id tag in the files to find out when the content last changed.

The -current rules tarball was recently updated and I don't know why 2_1
was not, but a good thing with Snort is of course that you can and
should write your own signatures.

/Andreas