[Snort-users] Running Snort in Sniffer mode

Marlon.Richards at ...11130... Marlon.Richards at ...11130...
Thu Apr 22 09:04:08 EDT 2004

I have the Engage security EagleX package running on a windows2000 box. It
is a flavour of snort, msql and ACID. I think the default config is that of
and IDS but i would like to configure it as a sniffer that would allow me
collect any analysis data on a continual basis. I have ethereal but it
cannot continuously collect data. Are there any open source solutions that
do that (something similar to NIA's Sniffer Portable).?

Regards

Marlon Richards
Communications Engineer
West Indies Alumina Company