[Snort-users] problems updating rules with oinkmaster

Andreas Östling andreaso at ...236...
Wed Apr 21 23:34:03 EDT 2004

As far as I know the 2_1 rules hasn't been updated lately, so if
Oinkmaster keeps telling you nothing has changed it's probably right and
everything works as expected.

If you however see a cvs commit for the rules you use but don't see any
update with Oinkmaster within a couple of days (sourceforge delay), then
there is a real problem. That's not likely to be the case here thought.

(btw, you should never run Oinkmaster as root)

/Andreas